Home > Manuals > F3 HD Media Server > F3 HD FAQ
F3 HD FAQ
What are the hardware features of the V7 F3?
- 320GB 2.5" SATA drive standard, solid state drive optional for quieter operation.
- 1GB RAM dedicated to navigation and managing growing media libraries.
- Gigabit Ethernet built-in.
- Dual core processor with HyperThreading to help with searching, sorting, and managing large libraries.
Is the drive hard swappable?
drives are configured, tested, and installed inside the chassis and cannot be swapped between units.
What video outputs are available?
The F3+HD has VGA. VGA can be converted to composite using the GXP-2000. In the F3+HD Bundle, the MediaPlayer
is used for video out for F3+HD control and movie playback.
What will I experience during boot-up?
Boot up time can vary depending on the size of the media collection. For new installations, expect 1-3 minutes to boot.Every
17 reboots, the system will run a disc check which may take up to an hour, depending on the size of the media collection.
Is NAS available for my F3+HD?
services are active, enabled, and available by default on the F3+HD server.
|What file formats is the ReQuest server capable of handling for music playback?|
running the latest version of SPOS support WAV, FLAC, MP3 and Ogg
Vorbis file formats. If the media is imported using NetSync for iTunes
2, the software will convert DRM-free AAC files to the configured format
for the server to use.
- 1 Digital Audio Zone (Zone 1, SPDI/F - COAX & TOSLink) and 3 Analog audio zones (Zones 2-4)
- 1U rack-mount chassis
- Serial, Ethernet and IR control (with USB to IR adapter)
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Rear USB ports
- 1 Front USB port
- DVD tray for easy archiving to hard drive or NAS.
- Dimensions: 8.1” (W) x 8.1” (D) x 3.5” (H)
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Finish: Black chassis
| ||Accessories Included|
- Power brick
- Ethernet Cable
- 3.5mm Stereo Plug/2 RCA Jack Y-cable
- Diagnostic Disk